Discounted Internet Service
This webpage will help residents of Waterloo find and enroll in discounted internet services through the Federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This is a temporary Federal program that is replacing the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB Program) to help low-income households pay for internet services and connected devices.
If your household is eligible, you can receive:
- Up to $30/monthly discount on your internet service
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, table, or desk computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
- Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household.
Waterloo Households that meet the below categories may qualify:
- If your household income is 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- If you or your child or dependent participates in certain government assistance programs such as:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- FPHA (Federal Public Housing Asstiance)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Priced School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current awarded year
- You may need to show a card, letter, or official documents as proof that you participate one one of these above programs when you apply for the ACP.
- If you or your child or dependent already receives a Lifeline benefit.
To apply, find your current internet provider and fill out the form online to have the benefits applied directly to your account. Click here to see a list of all providers in Waterloo, Iowa.