City of Waterloo Announces Additional Closures
(March 18, 2020) Waterloo, IA - As of noon today the following City of Waterloo offices are closed to the public with limited access to vendors, deliveries, and contractors.
The Public Works building at 625 Glenwood Street which houses Sanitation, Streets, Traffic, Animal Control and Fleet Management is closed to the public. Residents are encouraged to call the departments, mail in requests for services and payment. A locked drop box is available in the entryway during business hours from 7:00am -4:00pm for bulk item 10 for $10 pick-up.
The Carnegie Library building at 620 Mulberry Street is also closed to the public. It houses Code Enforcement, Community Development, Housing Authority, Human Rights Commission, and Neighborhood Services. A locked drop box is available in the entryway during business hours from 8:00am -5:00pm. Each of these departments will be taking appointments by phone, and request all documents will be sent by email or regular mail, or through the drop box.
Additionally, the Housing Authority will not accept Section 8 applications for the next 30 days, and inspections on new units will be completed. The Money Smart and Home Buyer Education classes scheduled for April have been cancelled.
Code Enforcement encourages residents to use the REPORT A PROBLEM feature on CityofWaterlooIowa.com to report violations. Please check with Black Hawk County for changes in court schedules.
City Hall at 715 Mulberry Street including the Clerk’s office, Cable Access Studios, Finance, Human Resources, Legal Department, and the Mayor’s office are closed to the public.
Exceptions to this closure are as follows:
- Access is available through the lobby to the Waterloo Police Department
- Second floor counter service for Engineering, Planning & Zoning, and Building is open. Plexiglas barriers have been installed.
- Bid-Openings will continue. New instructions are posted on CityofWaterlooIowa.com
- Essential meetings will continue in limited numbers and with remote access. Please call to verify meeting logistics before attending in person.
- City Council meetings, Budget Hearings, boards and commissions will continue as scheduled and are broadcast live on Youtube on the WaterlooCommunityTV channel. Those choosing not to attend, can submit comments and questions to the City Clerk's office either by phone (319)291-4323, by Fax: (319) 291-4571 or email: Kelley.Felchle@Waterloo-IA.org .
Waste Management Services at 3505 Easton Ave. is closed to the public with limited access.
At this time the Waterloo Regional Airport remains open.
City parks including dog parks and golf courses are open. Patrons are encouraged to use social distancing and other precautions.
These closings are in addition to those announced yesterday including the Cedar Valley Sportsplex, Waterloo Center for the Arts, Waterloo Public Library, Leisure Services Campbell Office, and Young Arena.
For more information see visit www.CityofWaterlooIowa.com/Covid-19 or call Wendy Bowman, Communications Director at 319-291-4301.