The Waterloo Housing Authority's mission is to promote the Section 8/Public housing program, help low-income households with rental payments for decent, safe, affordable and sanitary housing. Their mission is the same as that of the Department of Housing and Urban Development; to promote safe, decent, sanitary and affordable household economic opportunity and a suitable living environment free from discrimination.
The Role of the Waterloo Housing Authority
Our role is to provide affordable and accessible housing. The Waterloo Housing Authority serves as an administrator for HUD and has four broad areas of responsibility:
- Certifies and re-certifies tenants
- Approves units and leases
- Pays housing assistance to the owner
- Monitors the program performance and compliance with Federal rules
*The Waterloo Housing Authority does not have any emergency funding.
Housing Board- consist of Seven (7) City Council Members, Elizabeth Hand (Ridgeway Towers), Rebecca Varnold (Voucher Program).
Staff Members are:
- Julie Dawson, Director
- Janet Wessels, Housing Coordinator
- Tajah Wright, Housing Coordinator
- Wanda Hill-Dorris, Housing Coordinator
- Beverly Cosby, Housing Coordinator
- Dana Jackson, Housing Inspector
- Rick Kirby, Maintenance at Ridgeway Towers
- Senada Muhic, Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant
620 Mulberry Street, Suite 102
Waterloo, IA 50703
Phone: (319) 233-0201
Fax: (319) 291-4288
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm