Road Construction Press Release 05-13-22
Interactive Road Construction Map
Waterloo Bridge Replacement Project
PARK AVENUE BRIDGE CLOSURE
Effective immediately (2-28-22), the Park Avenue Bridge will be closed to allow for utility work related to the bridge replacement project. The bridge will remain closed until the work is completed. Motorists and pedestrians are not to move the barricades and access the closed area.
Effective on 4/11/2022 until fall of 2023, there will be posted detour routes for trail, sidewalk, water trail, and vehicles for the Park Avenue bridge replacement project. Click here to view in more detail.
Beginning Wednesday, March 2, a contractor will be closing the 500 block of Commercial Street, which is between W. Park Avenue and W. 4th Street, to allow for utility construction.
There is a tentative start date of March 28, 2022 for construction to begin from E. Shaulis Road/Hwy 218 Intersection to the Bridge.
Other areas in the city
- Beginning Tuesday, May 31st- Ansborough Ave will be closed from Hwy 63 to Upland Drive. Signed detour will be in place. Closure will last approximately 3 weeks.
- Beginning Monday, May 9th, Walnut Street between E 6th Street and S. Barclay street will be closed for up to 2 weeks.
- Beginning Monday, May 9th, E 10th Street from Sycamore Street to Franklin street will be closed for up to 3 weeks.
- Beginning Monday, April 25th the intersection of Falls Ave/Stephan Ave will closed for pavement patching. Closure is expected to be in place until May 10.
- Beginning Wednesday, March 23, the outside westbound lane and turn lane to Pheasant Lane off of W. San Marnan Drive will close for work related to the FY 2022 Street Reconstruction Program. This closure will be in place for a couple of days before the next phase of the closure takes place, which will include the turn lane and intersection of Pheasant Lane and W. San Marnan Drive.
- Effective 3/9/2022 the northbound right lane of US-63, from Martin Road to W. 3rd Street, is closed to allow the contractor to install sanitary sewer in the ditch. Lane closure will be in place until October 1.
- University Avenue Reconstruction Project
- LaPorte / Hess Road Reconstruction Project
Waterloo Street Index
Jamie Knutson, P.E., City Engineer
715 Mulberry St.
Waterloo, Iowa 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4312
Fax: (319) 291-4262
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm