Construction Closures & Updates
2023 Weekly Road Construction Update 11-03-2023
Interactive Road Construction Map
Waterloo Bridge Replacement Project
PARK AVENUE BRIDGE CLOSURE
- Effective immediately (2-28-22), the Park Avenue Bridge will be closed to allow for utility work related to the bridge replacement project. The bridge will remain closed until the work is completed. Motorists and pedestrians are not to move the barricades and access the closed area.
- Effective on 4/11/2022 until spring of 2024, there will be posted detour routes for trail, sidewalk, water trail, and vehicles for the Park Avenue bridge replacement project. Click here to view in more detail.
11th STREET BRIDGE
- Closure of the 11th Street Bridge is closed and is expected to reopen late fall of 2024.
- Gable Street, between E. 4th Street and Linn Street, will be closed to allow the contractor to perform utility work. Closure is expected to last approximately one week.
- November 6 – November 10, Iowa Northern Railway will be performing LED light upgrades at several crossings. This will require the following closures:
- November 6, 15th Street, 7 AM to 3 PM
- November 7, 18th Street/Williston Ave, 6 AM to 2 PM
- November 8, Hawthorne Ave, 7 AM to 3 PM
- November 9, 22th Street 7 Am -3 PM *
- November 10th, 11th Street, 7 AM - 3 PM *
*Due to the number of light upgrades needed at the 11th Street crossing, the closure will take place on one side at a time.
- LaPorte / Hess Road Reconstruction Project
- Click here for a link to the City of Cedar Falls Construction updates
Waterloo Street Index
Jamie Knutson, P.E., City Engineer
715 Mulberry St.
Waterloo, Iowa 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4312
Fax: (319) 291-4262
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm