Whereas, the primary goal of the Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant Program is to: Assist in the development of a viable community by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment principally for persons of low- and moderate-income, and also to assist in providing expanded economic development opportunities. Maximum priority is to be given to activities benefiting low- and moderate-income persons, or aiding in the prevention or elimination of slums and blight, or to meet other Community Development needs having a particular urgency.
- City of Waterloo Annual Action Plan PY21 (FY22)
- CDBG Program National Objectives
- CAPER FY22 (Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report)
- HOME Program Eligible Home-Funded Activities
- FY19-23 Five Year Consolidated Plan
- The amended Community Development 2019-2023 Five-Year Consolidated Plan and revised Citizen Participation Plan are available for review (revisions will be highlighted) by clicking here.
Community Development FY 2024 Annual Action Plan Schedule **
November 29, 2022 - Virtual Information Forum
December 30, 2022 - Application Deadline (Noon)
January 10, 2023 - 1st Public Hearing Citizen Input
January TBD - Sub- Committee Meeting
February 21, 2023 - 2nd Hearing Subcommittee Recommendation
April 1, 2023 - 30- Day Comment Period Opens
May 8, 2023 - Set Date of Public Hearing (at City Council Meeting)
May 22, 2023 - Public Hearing at the City Council
**All dates listed are subject to change.
Follow Us On Facebook