Request for Proposals (RFP) for real Estate Services :
The Waterloo Community Development Board is requesting proposals from
Cedar Valley licensed Real Estate Firm/Brokers to assist in the sale of the residential
properties located at 232 Ricker Street and the 200/300 Block of Gable Street in Waterloo, Iowa. The properties will be divided into two groups: one (1) single-family existing dwelling that is currently being rehabilitated at 232 Ricker Street and up to four (4) yet to be built single-family dwellings in the 200/300 Block of Gable Street.
The Community Development Board will select one Real Estate Firm/Broker firm for both groups of properties based on several criteria. A Real Estate Firm/Broker should bid on and will be awarded for both groups.
Responses to this Request for Proposals are due to the Community Development Board no later than March 29, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Click here to be routed to our bid page to learn more about this process and to see the entire RFP.
Waterloo/Cedar Falls HOME Consortium, HOME- American Rescue Plan (HOME-ARP) Allocation Plan
- In accordance with the federal regulations, 24 CFR, Part 91, NOTICE is hereby given to residents of the City of Waterloo that a draft version of the Waterloo/Cedar Falls HOME Consortium, HOME- American Rescue Plan (HOME-ARP) Allocation Plan will be available for review and a 15-day comment period. A public hearing will be held on March 6, 2023.
- A 15-Day Comment Period: Citizens will have the opportunity to review and comment on the Waterloo/Cedar Falls HOME Consortium, HOME Investment Partnerships- American Rescue Plan Allocation Plan beginning February 18, 2023 until March 4, 2023.
- To encourage public input in the review process; a public hearing will be held on March 6, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. in the Harold E Getty City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor City Hall, 715 Mulberry Street, Waterloo, Iowa.
- Read the Public Hearing Notice in full here.
FY22 Community Development Annual Action Plan
- A 30-day public comment period is being held for an amendment to the FY22 Annual Action Plan for the City of Waterloo to re-allocate $480,727 from the Housing Rehabilitation program to the Demolition and Site Clearance program for the purpose of removing 4-slum and blight structures in the City of Waterloo.
The 30-day comment period will be held from February 18th thru March 19th, 2023 and all comments received will be considered and included in the substantial amendment.
- A public hearing via zoom will be held on March 21, 2023 at 4 PM during the regular board meeting of the Community Development board.
- Click here to read the full notice.
CDBG and Home Programs
- Public Notice of 30-Day Comment Period for Revisions of the Substantial Amendments, Published February 18, 2021 and September 16, 2022 to the FY19-FY23 5-Year Consolidated Plan.
- Read the notice here.
- Notice is hereby given that on the 21ST day of March, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. a public hearing via zoom meeting during the regular board meeting of the Community Development Department will be held in lieu of an in-person meeting. If you would like to attend the virtual public hearing, please contact the Community Development Office at 319-291-4429 and the zoom meeting information will be emailed to you.
- Read the entire notice here.
American Rescue Plan
On March 11, 2021 President Biden signed into law the American Rescue Plan (ARP). Congress appropriated $5 billion to be administered through the HOME Investment Partnership for activities primarily benefiting qualifying individuals and families who are homeless, at risk of homeless, or other vulnerable populations. The City of Waterloo was awarded $1,780,793 in federal funds available through the American Rescue Plan to distribute to local organizations meeting the guidelines.
If you are part of an organization that serves homeless, those at risk of homeless or other vulnerable populations in the Waterloo area, please fill out the form here.
Click here for more information and to see what qualifies populations are.
We are excited to announce the implementation of our new Software- Neighborly. In the last few months, we have been tirelessly working to improve our program and we believe that Neighborly will help you as a contractor and our staff at the City of Waterloo Community Development Office become more streamlined.
After registering your account and entering your information the contractor dashboard will provide you with modules to respond to bids, submit bids, submit draw requests and upload documents as needed.
Community Development Black Grant Collation Update:
The report, CDBG: Improving Lives, Strengthening Communities offers an overview of how CDBG invests in community-based activities that benefit low- and moderate-income persons. The report details how CDBG promotes activities responsive to local needs. Key information shared includes how CDBG works, why it matters to local-based developments, and types of activities supported by program dollars.
Peoples Community Clinic Expansion
On April 12th, 2022 staff from the Community Development office and the Peoples Community Health Clinic announced their partnership for the future expansion of the Waterloo medical facility. This $9.5 million expansion will receive $549,164 from the CARES Act allocated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Check out some January 2023 Renovation Pictures by clicking here.
If you would like to support this expansion please go to https://www.peoples-clinic.com/give/.
For more information contact Rudy Jones, Waterloo Community Development Director at:
Follow Us On Facebook
Waterloo Community Development Office
620 Mulberry St, Suite 202
Waterloo, IA 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4429
Fax: (319) 291-4431