ARE YOU LOOKING TO PURCHASE A HOME?
The City of Waterloo Community Development has designed the Homebuyer Assistance Program to help low to moderate-income eligible households with homebuyer and closing cost assistance to purchase their first home.
- Waterloo Community Development will provide up to a maximum of $10,000 in Homebuyer Assistance after seller concessions and lender credits.
- Funds are available on a first come, first served basis. The assistance is in the form of a 0% interest deferred forgivable loan.
- To participate , the borrower is required to provide a minimum contribution of $1,000 towards the purchase price of the home.
- Escrow funds, professional inspections, and other items paid outside of closing by borrower may count towards the borrowers minimum contribution.
- To learn more, print an application here.
The City of Waterloo Community Development Lead Hazard Control Grant completes improvements to your home to remove lead based paint. Both owner-occupied and rental homes can participate
- Your home must have been built before 1978
- You must have a child that is less than 5 years of age either living in the home or who visits the home
- You must be income eligible
Programs Available with Covid-19 Funding
- Please contact the Jesse Cosby Center for rental assistance. You may be eligible if you can show that COVD-19 affects your ability to pay. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/black_hawk_county_assistance_p.html
- Please contact Family Management for mortgage assistance. You may be eligible if you can show that COVD-19 affects your ability to pay. https://family-finance.org/
- Please contact Operation Threshold for utility assistance. You may be eligible if you can show that COVD-19 affects your ability to pay. http://www.operationthreshold.org/programs/black-hawk/liheap/
- Please contact Iowa Legal Aid for assistance with legal issues related to housing. . You may be eligible if you can show that COVD-19 affects your ability to pay. https://www.iowalegalaid.org/organization/iowa-legal-aid-waterloo-regional-office?ref=3bOpQ
- Please contact the Northeast Iowa Food Bank for food assistance. https://www.northeastiowafoodbank.org/abouthunger/cedar-valley-food-pantry/
- Please contact the Salvation Army for emergency sheltering needs. https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/waterloo/ .
- Please contact Grin and Grow Childcare for assistance with day care for children from families that provide essential services to our community. https://www.grinandgrowchildcare.org/
For more information contact Rudy Jones, Waterloo Community Development Director at:
Follow Us On Facebook
Waterloo Community Development Office
620 Mulberry St, Suite 202
Waterloo, IA 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4429
Fax: (319) 291-4431