|4th Street Bridge Closures
November 17, 2017, Project Update No. 24
FY 2017 4th STREET BRIDGE CANOPY REPAIRS, Contract No. 910
Friday, November 17, 2017 – Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Work will include:
- The 4th Street bridge roadway will remain open to vehicular traffic.
- The pedestrian bridge will remain closed to allow the contractor room to continue repairs.
- Complete installation of electrical wiring and lights.
- Complete installation of timber runners.
- Complete installation of timber runners with artwork.
- Complete touch up paint.
- Overall project completion is anticipated to be by November 22, 2017. This
completion date is weather dependent, as recent humidity and dew points have
slowed progress. The contractor will be working this weekend to try to keep this
project on schedule.
A weekly project update will be distributed by e-mail to businesses and organizations impacted in the downtown area to inform about contractor’s progress and weekend closures when necessary. Those wishing to be added to the distribution list should contact Main Street Waterloo by calling (319) 291-2038.
Questions regarding 4th Street bridge closures may be directed to the City of Waterloo Engineering Department (319)291-4312, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Updates will be posted on the City’s website www.cityofwaterlooiowa.com, and through social media.