The city of Waterloo is planning a reconstruction of West 9th Street between the San Marnan Frontage Road and St. Francis Drive during the 2017 summer road construction season. The project will involve complete removal and replacement of the existing street as well as construction of a new storm sewer.
- Work will be done in stages to maintain access to Covenant Medical Center, however road closures will impact how emergency responders, patients, and visitors get to the hospital:
- Sections of West 9th Street will be closed in both directions.
- The Park Lane intersection will be closed for an estimated two-week period.
- Visitors coming from the south and east should see minimal impact, however there may be increased traffic on St. Francis Drive.
- Emergency responders who enter through the gate off San Marnan Drive should see no changes.
Road construction is currently planned to begin May 8, 2017. Weather may impact the work schedule at any point during the project. Temporary signage will be posted to direct traffic. Progress updates including traffic maps will be posted to www.WheatonIowa.org/roadwork